Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A New Adventure Begins…

Here we go!  A sweet baby daughter, a new semester and a new phase of life.  I’m keeping my writing to a minimum as my brain is in foggy new mamma state…

We’ve been overwhelmed by so much support, prayer, encouragement and kindness!  All of you have no idea what your reaching out has meant to us…even if it’s just been a quick “Congrats”.  Thank you!!!   Here are the pictures!

I woke up at around 5am with my first contractions.  We learned a lot in birthing class which helped me manage the contractions in my back and the sciatica spasms when “Tiny” decided to dance…

DSC_0252DSC_0255

Yes, we did paint our toes that morning.   And I wanted to keep this day as fun as possible for as long as possible, so we went out to one of Sam and my favorite coffee spots in the city….DSC_0256 DSC_0264

DSC_0260 

 

 

 

 

 

 DSC_0267DSC_0259

Ok, so that was fun….for the most part…in between the back pain and the sciatica….DSC_0288  

Sam’s and my last dinner together…we left for the hospital shortly after this as my contractions were four minutes apart.

DSC_0291

DSC_0293

Eva never stopped moving during the entire labor.  Though it did absolutely no good, I found myself begging her audibly for a break.  And the above contraption was my IV friend for the beta strep antibiotic…a real drag to have to have four doses.  Thankfully, they “unhooked” me in between. 

After a very, very long evening, night and morning, “Tiny” arrived, though not so tiny, weighing in at around a pound more than the doctor estimated.  Maybe it was all that greek yogurt? DSC_0317 DSC_0310           

DSC_0339   IMG_3449  IMG_3453

I never could have done it without Sam!  He was an amazing coach!

DSC_0348 DSC_0338

DSC_0353

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The line up….

DSC_9677

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_9710

 

 

Some of the Millers were able to hop in the car that morning and made it in time to visit Eva in while we were still at the hospital…

 

 

 

 

DSC_9695

DSC_9714

Dad had quite the adventure driving down but made it that     evening!

DSC_0444 DSC_0446

And our friend Noah drove over too….

DSC_0439

Parting shots….courtesy of Uncle Joe   :-)announcement DSC_9808DSC_9748 DSC_9756

Hope you all enjoy these!  More to come….

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved looking at all the photos! You look terrific and Eva is absolutely darling! How is everything going? I hope Eva is giving you an easier time that she did throughout your long labor (poor girl). Congrats again :)

mmmbah said...

Wow! That's a good idea - painting your toenails. ;) You're so upbeat! I always imagine lots of screaming and "WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME?" haha

Love the pics!

Madeline said...

Oh, those are so sweet! I love the one of you sipping your coffee, and all the ones of everyone holding Eva. :)

Ruth Cooper Project said...

Ahhhh... she's SO cute!! I wanna see her; can hardly wait 'til Friday!! You look all sorts of awesome. :P Love you! Thanks for putting up pics... I still have yet to see the wee pumpkin with her eyes open. Too cute!

Unknown said...

Beautiful little girl. Beautiful family. Beautiful photos. :)

I miss y'all!

Muddy said...

The pics brought back sweet memories, sniff! Love you!!!!!!!!!