Friday, January 29, 2010

A tiny hat and a big mess..

You know what this means, don’t you? If I post these “before” pictures, then I am thus forced, on pain of lasting embarrassment to post the “afters”.DSC_0003

Since Sam uses the second bedroom as his office, I claimed the tiny study as my craft room and was blissfully happy

DSC_0001

to at last have the freedom to make a crafty mess and not squelch inspiration by having to put everything away. Those among you who are avid sewers and crafter simply must agree with that logic. For some sad reason, I seem to accomplish the best work in the midst of a fabric, paper, pin, pen, thread, fuzz explosion. So now that I’ve confessed through thousand word photos that crafts took a back seat to living, and the study became a dumping ground for moving mess, I have to organize, which is not my strong suit.

Oh, to leave the bothersome topic of organizing, I have a tiny hat! It’s ever so cute. And my friend, Rachel, taught me how to knit (for real this time) so I actually understood what I was doing, unlike my previous attempts to desperately follow directions with absolutely no comprehension. I am very excited over my ever-so-cute hat and can’t wait to start another!

DSC_0005

As much as I’d like to think happy thoughts about another tiny hat, I must be off to attack the mess!

Chelsea

7 comments:

marylynn_hbs said...

Your hat is adorable! Knitting can be so much fun if the pattern isn't too complicated. Personally, I have yet to make it past the scarf and baby bootie stage of the art...Thanks for starting the blog. It's so much fun to read!

Muddy said...

Awww...the hat is sooo cute!

I don't know how anyone can possibly be creative and keep tidying up as you go along! Hmmm, I wonder if your talent-among-chaos was a learned behavior?!

Looking forward to the 'after' pics. Love you!

Ruth Cooper Project said...

Dude! The blogging maddness is spreading :P I'm so glad you're doing this :) We miss you terribly and can't wait to see you again! The tiny hat is WAAAY too cute... nice job!

Rachel said...

By the way, come ski! We just got 12 more inches and this next week looks like more! It couldn't be better weather so clear next weekend and come! :)

Meghan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
uncle joe said...

YAY!!! you finally used you're camera... :P :P come on chelsea, we want to see some of those awesome shots that i know are just waiting to be found...

and the hat is cool...

you need to come back up... i haven't seen you in what, like, a couple weeks??? thats WAYYYYYYY too long...

soon-to-be-'uncle joe'-again :P :P

uncle joe said...

okay chelsea, we kept our part of the bargain. we are commenting, now you need to give us some more posts... :P :P