Monday, March 8, 2010

Shameless Neglect

“Sad, sad girl!  I don’t know when I shall have done scolding you!”  Mansfield Park

Shame, shame, shame on me for neglecting this poor little blog!  I didn’t mean to, really I didn’t.  It’s blank pages were always in my thoughts, haunting me with their expanse of white space.  I’m afraid I must confess that I fell into my “journal trap”; that inconvenient state of mind that insists on the perfect entry and instigates gaping emptiness months long.  Sometimes I wonder if I actually killed the perfectionist of my childhood…certain days of my life seem to insinuate that those fussy bones lie in waste…dust and ashes.  But no, ‘dem dry bones sat up and perfectionism reared it’s impertinent little head and whispered, “Oh, but you must wait until the perfect time to think and plan and write.  You don’t have the hours required to do justice to that conversation or adequately describe that event.”  Stuff and nonsense, I say now, though I did listen to said impertinent head for far too long.   Such is often the fate of my journals and so it began with my blog.   But no more!  And I offer my deepest, most humble apology and will commence again.

1 comment:

uncle joe said...

YAY!!!!!

chelsea is back... :P :P

seriously, look at the date stamps!! you haven't written anything for like, a month and a half!!

(looking forward to some awesome updates!!)