Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A time to drool…

And a time for cold rainy days and baking Christmas cookies for the neighbors…a time for sitting in bumper to bumper traffic, joining the army of procrastinators, and wondering why I waited (again)….a time for Christmas parties with youth group kids…a time for laundry and diapers and drool…a time for the hardest semester of one’s life (that would be Sam’s) and a time for replenishing lost sleep…a time for finals and a time for FREEDOM!

Back to the drool….Eva is teething.  Overall she’s handling it quite well with just a little fussiness.  However, her fine motor skills haven’t quite caught up to the tooth progression and it’s very cute. :-)

(Note:  I had written a lovely post a few days ago, lots of pictures and narrative that for once flowed to the page without a huge effort.  I was enthusiastic about sharing it and just needed to crop another picture or two when life happened.  Then there was a computer problem…a restart….and I had forgotten to hit “save”.  So still under the shock of this new discovery, I come to you frustrated, resisting the impulse to close the program in disgust, and will muscle through a post, because it’s not your fault I am a space cadet.)

I bring you the drool machine….

It was not long before the poor duck became a specimen of hopeless sogginess, so we tried a different tactic…

DSC_0609

DSC_0614

Mmmm….pink rubber…just what I’ve always wanted to chew on, too.

DSC_0619

“Uh…it fell out and it’s sitting on me.  What am I supposed to do with it?”

DSC_0623

Target practice…

DSC_0624

DSC_0625

DSC_0626

This is not working!

DSC_0628

Mamma to the rescue. :-)

DSC_0622

Bumbo: the greatest baby invention!  (Bumbo, Boppy, Bouncer, Binky….it’s too much for a poor brain to keep track of!)

DSC_0629

Fingers are still the most fascinating thing…

DSC_0637  

Daddy time….working without a deadline!

DSC_0645

Hangin’ with Mamma….

DSC_0667 

DSC_0691

“Chicka, chicka, chicka…”

DSC_0681

A little snapshot of life. :-)

2 comments:

Muddy said...

She is just the cutest thing! 'Course your captions help make me laugh...and cry :-) xoxo

mmmbah said...

So fun! I am glad you have hubby back, at least for a little while. :) Mine has decided that a break from school means... time to teach himself Latin!